Citizens Sales Tax Oversight Committee (City of Springfield)
The City of Springfield would appreciate your consideration of service on one of these boards or commissions. Apply online and indicate the boards on which you are interested in serving. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 417-864-1651 if you need any additional information.
- 3 current vacancies (3 year terms)
- 3 General Member (No additional special requirements)
- Review and monitor the collection of the 1/4-cent Capital Improvements Sales Tax revenues, the 1/8-cent Transportation Sales Tax revenues, and the 3/4-cent Police and Fire Fighters Pension Fund Sales Tax revenues. In addition the committee may evaluate any proposed reduction or enhancement to pension benefits before presentation to City Council.
- City residency for 3 years
- Meeting time and location
- Third Tuesday of the month, February, May, August and November at 5:30 PM
- 4th Floor Conference Room, Busch Municipal Building, 840 Boonville Ave.
**Please let us know if you submit an application and/or get appointed to this board.