Planning & Zoning Commission (City of Springfield)
The Planning and Zoning Commission holds public hearings and makes recommendations on a variety of issues:
- Proposed amendments to the Comprehensive Plan
- Proposed amendments to the text of the Zoning Ordinance.
- Proposed conditional use permits
- Proposed preliminary plats to subdivide property
- Proposed public property acquisitions and disposals
- Proposed relinquishment or granting of easements
- Proposed rezoning applications
- Proposed street name changes
- Proposed vacations of streets, alleys and subdivisions
Term Length: 3 years
Requirements: Must have resided in the City of Springfield (city limits) for at least 2 years
Meeting Time & Location: Meets bi-monthly on Thursdays at 6:30 pm. Meetings are held at City Council Chambers in Historic City Hall, 830 N Boonville Ave.
How to Apply: Complete the online application
**Please let us know if you submit an application and/or get appointed to this board.